2 out of 14 down!
So, this sweater has a story:
Summer of 2009, I had just graduated from law school and was studying for the California bar exam. I took advice from many people and made sure I had certain part of my day dedicated to my hobby.
I worked on this sweater and finished for the first time on July 20, 2009. Bar exam was July 27~29 or something.
This is a top-down sweater, so I did the sleeves the last; I worked on the sleeves at-the-same-time 1~2 weeks before the exam. And…. I guess I was really stressed out and it messed up my tension.
When it was “finished” and I tried it on in the library restroom, the sleeves looked stiff and tight… Kind of reminded me of the Middle Ages armor.
I frogged the sleeves back to where I picked up.. put it aside until after the bar exam; and after the exam, I wanted to move onto a different project.
2 years have passed.
I found this hibernating project in a plastic bag when I moved into my husband’s house. I put it in the closet so I can work on it soon. That was summer LAST year.
Finally, I picked this up again because of this little challenge I’m doing. Those of you who’s not following my blog: I had 14 hibernating UFOs, I promised that I’ll finish 2 projects before casting on 1 new project.
Yarn: Berroco Comfort Worsted (Spruce; 4 balls)
Needles: US #8 (5.0mm)
Pattern: Diminishing Rib Cardigan from Interweave Knits Spring 2009.
In the past 7 days, I finished one adult men’s sweater, and this cardigan. Which means I get to cast on for a NEW project. I think it’ll be Juneberry Triangle. Or something quicker.
Anyways, this time the sleeves fit perfectly, and I love how relatively light this sweater is.
When I knitted this, I was vegan and did not use any animal fiber. This is a top quality acrylic yarn, as far as acrylic yarn is concerned. The only cons would be the splittiness of the yarn.
I wish I could make this again with a silk-blend or at least bamboo blend, something I can block into shape better and something that is more drapey.